The DCU FinTech Innovation Center is a dedicated resource providing seed-stage FinTech startups with everything they need for success: mentorship, workspace, a professional network, and community.
Member companies are generally in the product/market fit stage of development and benefit by the assistance, partnerships and FinTech ecosystem the Center offers. With an extensive network into the community, DCU can provide member companies with direct support and expertise.
Member companies in the space focus on Bitcoin, Blockchain, Credit Ratings, Data & Analytics, Digital Currency, Financial Education, Financial Health, Mobile Banking, Online Lending, P2P Lending, Payments, Personal Finance and more.
The Innovation Center startups collaborate with each other and are also members of the Workbar coworking network, with access to shared office space and a community of connected professionals across the state.
Ideal candidates for membership are small, pre-seed to seed-stage startup teams of 2-4 people focusing on FinTech. Startups must be developing a digital product rather than providing services (RIAs, consulting services, etc.).
The Center accepts 2 classes per year. Classes start in December and June.
Next application deadline is November 1st 2017.
Benefits of Membership:
- Guaranteed one-on-one time with DCU’s CIO, along with office hours
- Connections to other leaders and resources at DCU
- Access to the center’s network of partners and affiliates
- Streamlined pilots, where applicable
- Connections to a national consortium of credit unions
- Resources and know-how that startups will need to sell into large financial institutions
- Member of FinTech community of startups
- Member access to events and programming in the space
- Free dedicated office space for 1 year
- Secure 24/7 office access in 24/7 doorman building
- Unlimited meeting room usage
- Printer/copier services
- Shared kitchen
- Access to Workbar’s other 15 coworking spaces